Providing competitive employee benefits while transforming health management
The future of work offers multiple challenges and opportunities in providing employee benefits:
• Providing competitive employee benefits. The war for talent is continuing, particularly for specialized skills and in emerging markets. A multi-generational workforce demands personalized, creative, digital and flexible benefits. Market practice is not always the right benchmark and new employee benefit approaches are needed such as tying employee benefits to diversity and corporate social responsibility strategies.
· Controlling cost and risks. Medical and disability costs are increasing due to government regulations, aging populations, more consumption of healthcare and more expensive treatment. Medical expense claims can be catastrophic in nature and often are uninsurable. Many programs do little to encourage providers or employees to make the right decisions about their healthcare. Managing benefit programs is becoming harder due to new privacy regulations. It is time to optimize benefits spend and transform healthcare management.
· Simplifying program delivery. Employers are looking to streamline HR administration and reduce complexity. In today’s digital age, employee benefit communication requires a more personalized and engaging experience. The strategic deployment of technology will enable HR resources to focus on more strategic initiatives.
Benefit From Our Experience
Mercer’s range and depth of experience means we can offer you a more holistic approach to employee benefits design. We provide strategic advice that help you minimize risk, optimize benefit structure, and maximize employee engagement. With our team by your side, you can better evaluate compliance needs, and boost employee engagement — often resulting in meaningful cost savings.
Strategy First to Optimize Benefits
At Mercer, we don’t believe in a one-size-fits-all solution. Working closely, we help you understand the current market dynamics, identify your goals and pain points, and then develop a tailored strategy to meet your business needs. Our approach delivers real-world solutions using Mercer-proprietary tools.
- Benchmarking Analysis: We can conduct the most comprehensive benefits surveys in the industry, providing proprietary insights and analysis through a series of surveys to help you make more informed decisions.
- Mercer Workplace Health: This approach helps employers make targeted interventions to enhance the performance of their workforce and business through improved productivity, engagement and long-term cost reduction in four key areas: benefits design, engagement, internal measurement and health incentives.