HP Wealth Management (S) Pte Ltd (HPWM) is an independent wealth management/multi-family office founded in Singapore in 2009 that provides independent advice and tailor-made investment management services to high-net-worth individuals and families. The firm needed top-tier managers for its growing portfolio of alternatives.
“We faced the problem of not having the expertise to do manager selection and undertake investment and operational due diligence,” says HPWM Managing Partner and Founder Urs Brutsch.
Access to top managers
HPWM was too small to get attention from fund managers.
Transparency around risk management
The firm needed to be comfortable delegating its clients’ money to a firm that shared its philosophy around risk management.
Mercer Delegated Investment Solution
After making sure the client was comfortable with Mercerâs process, research coverage and capabilities, the Delegated Investment team identified three key steps:
- Understand the clientâs risk profile and long-term objectives
- Take on all manager selection, due diligence, and allocation
- Identify funds in which the client was invested (within the hedge fund solution)
Mercer partnered with HPWM to take on all investment responsibilities and fiduciary risk.
- 24/7 Risk Control and complete transparency
- Manager Access and monitoring
- Due Diligence off your hands and into ours
- Alternative Investments expertise and access to top funds
- Long-term view on investing
- Global Investment Forums to share insights and networking opportunities
“[Delegating to Mercer] is a very efficient way to get exposure to top managers you can’t access on a standalone basis,” says Urs. “It’s very comforting to know that Mercer has it all under control.”